Where will I be staying?
Fellows will be staying in Hamra, Beirut. Each fellow will be housed in air-conditioned single type room.
Where will the program take place?
The Academic Component of the program (Feb 23/March 20) will take place at LAU Campus Beirut, and the Internship Component will take place at a specific NGO (to be assigned during the academic training period).
What are the available campus facilities?
LAU LDF Arabic program participants will be issued LAU ID cards during the first week. This allows them full access to campus facilities, including the library, computer labs, and recreational facilities (indoor Olympic swimming pool, indoor basketball court and tennis courts).
What does the program offer?
Upon joining the program, participants will benefit from:
- One month of academic training on subjects such as:
- Comparative Politics & the Development of Democratic Institutions
- Leading and Managing the Democratic State
- Citizenship, Private Action, and Private Enterprise
- Diversity and Inclusion of Groups in Democratic Institutions
- One and a half months of internship training
- Round-trip airline ticket, Home/Beirut/Home
- A monthly living stipend
- Transportation allowance
- Medical Insurance Coverage
- Mobile SIM card allowance
How do I pick up my Kit?
Upon arrival at the hotel, you can go ahead and pick up the program tote bag that includes: 1. Training Program Schedule, 2. Note pads, 3. A Pen. Our Logistical team members will be awaiting your arrival at the hotel to guide you.
What do I do if I have a question? What if I lose something?
A team members will be available at all times throughout the program. Need something? Lose something? Have a question? They will be able to steer you in the right direction and will be in direct contact with the entire staff at all times. Please find below their email/mobile for your reference:
- Dr. Nabelah Haraty - email@example.com - +961 1 786456 ext. 1386
- Ms. Rola Nader - firstname.lastname@example.org - 03/131774
- Mr. Assem Abi Ali - email@example.com - 71/112285